Friday, December 08, 2006

Now a Self-Employed Writer...

It has been a long while since I posted last, and without summarizing events, I am no longer employed by Mount Sinai Hospital and the Blueprint Initiative is now, obsolete. My status-only position at the University of Toronto's Dept. of Biochemistry is dependent on my, now terminated, employment at MSH. So it appears like I am no longer a faculty member at Canada's largest University, and they don't seem to notice me as having gone missing...

For now I am self-employed as a writer and working part-time at Unleashed Informatics.

So what have I learned from this experience?
Enough to fill a few books.

First up:

The Convergence of Machines - Christopher Hogue Ph.D.
26 Chapters, 130 Figures. Illustrated by Jeff Dixon.

A scientist uses the industrialization of the glass industry to explain to laypersons the natural nanomachines found in all cells.

Manuscript to the publisher by Jun 30th 2007. Ready by Fall 2007.

No comments: